1K views

Hi---

I'm writing to report fraud by the name of a company named Izigg. They are a MLM company that markets text message marketing.

A few months ago I went to a meeting and was told, "Every business that sees this signs up for it." I was also told, "Any time you need help from us, call us and we're here for you."

Complete lies.

I showed this to at least 100 businesses.  Not a single one joined.  And I've been in sales over 16 years, mostly selling advertising, so I'm not an ***.

Nothing.

And, I contacted my up-line MANY times and they NEVER contacted me back.

Never.

At least 3 different guys.

Didn't get ONE return phone call or email.

And yet, I went to meeting after meeting after meeting and every time, they said, "If you need our help, we're ALWAYS there for you.."

Complete and total lie.

They also repeated the lie "Every business we show this to signs up."

Since there is no phone number for the corporate office that I know of, I emailed the CEO asking for help. His secretary had some guy call me that sounded like he couldn't care less. When I asked him for help, he refused.

Also, I told the guy that signed me up, "I have ZERO warm market and I do everything by phone and that I didn't even OWN a cell phone or car."  He said it was no problem.  And yet, after I signed up and went to meetings, all I heard was, "This only really works if you have a warm market and/or go out and call on businesses personally.  Doesn't work cold-calling on the phone.

The EXACT OPPOSITE of what I was told before they got my money from me.

I asked for a refund and they ignored me.

They stole $450 from me and I want to stop them from stealing from others.

Do not believe their blatant lies.

Comments

Thanks for the posting. I was looking at signing up but opted not to after reading all this.

I am in Canada and stumbled upon click2text Inc unfortunately they are only in Canada at the moment.

I spoke to the guys there and all i can say is its nothing less than perfect. Am not here to bash anyone or company but lets all do our homework it pays off in the end.

Brian Underwood (izigg) and Alex Arnold (Burnlounge), good friends and crooks.

Izigg, as many other MLM's.. all smoke n' mirrors just like the people who start them.

Yes some have made money but that will be a small %. Brian Underwood is a MASTER at manipulation and can sell anything to anyone especially the weak minded(and sadly there are a lot). Go where the eyeballs are and take a good look before drinking the cool aide. :upset

How can you run an honest business with out a corporate phone number and cs department (your in technology for crying out loud)? That in itself is a red flag.

I was in Izigg early on and became frustrated over and over because I could not get any support when I had questions and when a few people I had recruited could not get support. The idea was clever but looking back, I fell into all the hype.

I heard BU is starting another company. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, what kind of MLM company is he getting involved with this time?

to SaraBeth #646534

Yep, truth (that which is absent of intent to deceive) is very hard to find these days, most everywhere, and people will say, "Well that's business". But it doesn't need to be this way.

I completely agree with the perceptions of iZigg that everyone seems to express. I have been involved since it began... and, Yes, even paid another $450 this year, 2013. Equally, as has been stated above and below, the tech support is horribly lacking if it were to support actual customers/endusers of the system.

Thing is, the concept is absolutely brilliant, and the 90210 short code rules, but... I came in at the inception. The technology life cycle has been tough. I, too, have shown this to potential customers, but things are moving too fast, people won't listen long enough to understand how it works, and, in general, people don't want to participate in the development of their businesses like they really need to now; so people don't buy.

I've driven around promoting my own business in the last three years and only 3 people have txtd me to the 90210 number. I had a great company interested in learning about and checking out the product/service and I couldn't get any big wiggs on the phone with the top person (prospective client) I have not and do not participate in the hype, and, yes, that is exactly what it is. I've build websites and executed various campaigns to get this out (1,000s of dollars) and nothing. I've tried to give the service away, but the prospective clients end their interest when I try to get tech support on the line, to explain how they support the service.

Yes, BU has started another, quite brilliant company called Rippln and he's using the iZigg network to launch it -- mind boggling. I'm thinking they BU may be trying to make up the losses of those who have been loyal to iZigg's evolution. In the three years I've been involved, independently, at only one time did they make an attempt at customer promotion -- every other promotion has been about recruiting more Platinum Agents, etc, etc. There has recently been a new mobi site function, but I as an independent rep haven't been offered one -- I think I would have to pay for it to get it -- not really sure.

I don't think I've been scammed, and I don't think there initially was any intention to scam anyone, but... the launch of Canada a while back was probably to move into a market where people were clueless of what hasn't really worked. Could it work, I think so. Will I be renewing my agency in 2014 -- probably, if they're still in existence.

Regardless of their MLM business model, I'd say iZigg as a whole has deceived others for the last 1.5 years to simply keep the gravy train coming in, which has made the top seven guys alot better off than they were when they started.

For me, $1,350 over and my time and resource investment has truly been worthwhile, and a minimal cost. Is Rippln going to work -- It's a GREAT idea, we'll see; it hasn't cost me anything, yet.

I am not sure why you would have an agency of 58 do this program. It was never intended for something like that.

Also in response to the original discussion, if you really had been in sales for that long you would know that with any business walking up to someone and shaking their hand is the best way to conduct business. Period.

Its working for me and my whole team. im there for them. nickyg to 90210

to Nick Graziosi #644363

until some else do exactly the same 50% less expensive.. then what?

I am curious to see how this article finalizes. i am researching to invest in izigg and all i have seen are really opinions.

the basis of this article catches me as "lazy salesman" syndrome vs. a bad product. what are some valid points against izigg? the owners?

have they been challenged with izigg or is this just past?

does the product suck? please provide proof not opinions.

to marcus #644362

the business model that they have its not supposed to run that way they get thei money from their "agents" collect their money and send the on a wild goose hunt why???? becasu their pricing is about 50% over the market value so that you can make money but!!!

wait if you cant sell it because its to expensive then you wont sale but mmmmmm wait i paid $$$$ to become an agent.... ohhh lemme call ------------- dead signal !!! the system works its awsome just izigg its not the correct medium to get the services from...

look up other businesses that do the same and offer better prices and added value and to the pepole selling it dont buy any membership or initiation fee !!! your investment wont come back as your small customers wont have the budget to have a 6 month campaign and will try it for 2 months and quit!!

GARY, your defensiveness isn\'t necessary. Hard work can make money.

I own 100% of four corporations...made my 1st million years ago. I am a \"self starter\". I also hold degrees in both accounting & finance. The psychology of this type of selling puts some buyers into the mindset that they will live a lifestyle that they see others living through a product.

They get you into a \"crush it\" seminar...I bet you pay for a ticket to that too, and they keep telling you that your hard work will reap huge rewards. Some people invest so much time & money in this (I bet they sell T-shirts to you too), that the mind cannot accept the idea of being used to make money for someone else. It looks like that\'s where you may be. The comment made by TRUTH is something you should think about.

He did it and kept his wits enough to look at the flaws in Izzig. He seems like a smart guy. Most of the \"prospects\" are smart. There is a psychology to that too...if a smart person buys it, their smart friends will too.

If a smart person buys it, they won\'t complain if they don\'t succeed, thus the game continues until it plays out. I\'ve read every sigle word of the court documents regarding Burnlounge. They no doubt mentioned it to you...why would they do that? They do it before you find out.

Then Scott will tell you he was just a salesperson & not and insider....blah, blah, blah. He was heavily involved, just as he is in this scheme. That case resulted in the MLM having to pay money back to investors. The mind believes what it wants to believe.

That notion is part of the foundation of any MLM. All they have to do is show your THIER wealth and get you to believe you can have it too. Gary, I hope you will continue to post here and let us know if you get what you were told you would get.

By the way in MLMs the \"killing\" is made at the start, but only for the people that started it. TRUTH...good luck to you and thanks for telling your story here.

to LA #644364

i cant stress enough what they are doing.. they will get your money and give you an good product but the problem here its that because it so diluted the prices are very high and you cant sell it or if you do sell it you wont have the follow up & support to continue to take full advantage of the system so the customer will eventually opt out and give a bad reputation to industry

History repeats itself. I know a couple of the founders personally.

Their reputation follows them and eventually it all fizzles out. Business concept is good but there are much less expensive programs for text marketing. Do your homework.

The pep rallies are fun and motivating. Take what you learn from them and apply it to whatever you have passion for ...

As with everything in life, some people see a glass half full and some see the glass half empty. I have many businesses using the platform w great success!

Am I

Am I making as much as I would like? Not yet but tell me any biz, MLM or not that makes a killing at the beginning.

As far as I'm concerned, the complainers are just weak sucks who made a decision but did not commit to it....like most of unsuccessful people. Grow a pair!

to Gary Allen #644366

grow a pair.?? wow.

why u ar not making a correct amount of money to your standards???? because you prices are way high!!!! because you're part of the problem. there is like 3 companies getting their money before you and you take care of all the work force while they sit down and get your money!!

not the direct customer as the model intends. they are adding 2 extra steps to the ladder and you are paying for it... but most important the market because when you sign a customer and their campaign did not work the customer will say this does not work and it was too expensive don't do it!!

so you are helping to destroy the market.. and for that we thank you!!

To begin my business with iZigg I invested $2600. and have spent surely hundreds of hours training people in my organization of 58 people (while Izigg has NO training program available to help me unless I'm recruiting - and SADLY that only entails a 3 way sales call or my prospect showing up at a meeting where the 'top earner' tells them 'you can text my name to 90210 and I'm available to help you any time, we're going into business together and we're a team'), Currently my organization has sold nearly $100,000.

and all I've earned is $1600. I continue to listen to calls where, inevitably, I hear 'top earners' like Dr Scott Elliot, Michael Rutherford, etc.. claim 'our company pays back .70 cents out of every dollar to agents!!' On top of this farce, recently there's been a HUGE push to sell *agents only* a Facebook product that cost $39.95 A MONTH (while they say it is commissionable - for exactly whom I wonder) iZigg's official basis for this necessity for us of course is that it will help small businesses by allowing them to monetize their social media (months after 'some' agents originally paid for this I doubt it has even made Izigg as much as they paid to develop it - and to date 'zero' small businesses are using it because it still isn't available to small businesses). Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but it seems to me we have a money racket going here, where a huge majority of sales come from agency and autoship purchases instead of real retail product sales in the marketplace.

The technology is out-of-site and the branding is drop dead sexy, people, that said, iZigg is getting rich based on your agency prices and autoships. In February 2011 Brian Underwood and Dave Liniado told us what the ratio between agency purchases and retail was. They said retail sales accounted for 60% of all money made. Now, knowing what I've experienced, I wonder if they were including agent autoships....

and how much worse it's gotten. Am I just another gullible and disgruntled man playing victim to just another MLM or do I justifiably have cause in raising a flag?

Either way, if you're familiar with the FTC's case against Burn Lounge and you've read the Federal Court's ruling released in that case on July 7...... you have to admit the similarities are scary for any realistic average American.

The founders of Izigg have been busted for fraud at other companies.

That's a fact.

Stay away from them.

I have to disagree with you G.H. Part of the pitch is that you don't work...the "legs" of your lines work for you, so maybe the lazy comment wasn't necessary.

Let me guess: The CEOs took you to their "personal" place in whatever town you went to. You walked in a saw Tony Robbins' son or someone like that and you were impressed. You felt special. Your much needed self-esteem grew by leaps and bounds.

You gave them $2,700. Now you've made, maybe $1K to 20K in a few months. Spend it wisely....the bottom of these "legs" will drop off as they make no money. That problem goes up and up.

Then Bourne,"Dr" Scott and the guys at the very top have all the major bucks and they are done. The IZZIG CEOs can give you all kinds of stats on text usage as a whole, but they are not giving the statistical truth about the life cycle of the MLM.

Another guess: They told you you were "getting in on the ground floor".... maybe

It's funny life. Some win, some lose.

To some the glass is half empty, to some the glass is half full. I am in business to make money and have run 3 very successful companies. This one is a cake walk. Obviously you suck as a salesman.

I am now on pace to make well over 1 million next year. So I just have to laugh at these type of comments. I work personally with everyone I sign up, and also help the businesses that use the program to be the most effective in their advertising. You see, if you don't put in the work in any business, it won't happen.

iZigg has everythnig going for them, the best number, the best comp plan, awesome motivated helpful people, and the most user friendly software in the text marketing arena. If a person can't make it happen with those kind of odds on their side, they're doing something wrong, or were just born to hate.

I forgot to mention, this system is helping small business to take back their portion of the market share in America, which is totally *** off corporate America, because they didn't think of using this number. God Bless iZigg and the hard working people that persevered to bring it this far.

Hey, sorry that it didn't work for you. When I started with iZigg it didn't SEEM to be working, then I realized I was talking too much!!

As soon as I shut up and did the demo-video-3 way as I was taught I've had GREAT responses. I had three people just today that said they want it. One was a struggling restaurant.

He found out about it but wasn't interested until a friend of his, who owns a pizza parlor, said that after using it his sales had nearly doubled in just 2 months. One of the great things about it is that there are no contracts for businesses so they can let it prove itself.